Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wow! For the first 16 things, our instructions were to "play around with this" or "see what you can do with this" or "try one or two of these 12 things." Now, suddenly, we're given specific things to search for and lengths of time to keep track of them, and the number of people to e-mail them to? This kind of guidance would have been more helpful at the beginning of the Things. Now that I'm used to going through this somewhat blindly, I'm not so happy to have to do such specific searches. I'm sure I could come up with something interesting to look at in each of these databases without being told what to search for.



I couldn't add the Gale feed in Bloglines, so I added the XML feed to another aggregator.

I suppose the ability to set up web pages would be good for directing students in their research.

Being able to e-mail results of searches to myself is a useful tool I have used before.

Sometimes it's easy to forget about ELM. I forget that the Star-Tribune is on there and instead go directly to the Star-Trib website to look for articles, and so on.

I am getting really really tired of having to create an account (or five) for every Thing, especially if they're not sites I'm likely to return to in the future.

No comments: