Friday, March 7, 2008

Socializing in Web 2.0 (Thing 20)

It seems that there are a lot of social networks available. When I searched on some things that I would find interesting, I was surprised to see groups with two or three members in them. I think the groups may either thrive or starve. It takes a good group of people, who actually share with each other, to keep a group going.

I suppose the Yahoo! Groups also fall under this category. I've been involved in a Yahoo group of friends for over a year now. We e-mail back and forth every day, share photos, etc. The page layouts aren't quite as sophisticated as some of the ones listed in this Thing, but it's content-rich.

Again, it comes down to time. Do I want to go looking for more groups to join according to my interests? It's good to know they're out there, and maybe someday I'll look again.

No comments: