Friday, March 7, 2008

For all the world to see (Thing 18)

I chose to search on carseat safety, which is a topic near and dear to my heart. I am trained as a Child Passenger Safety Technician, and I've previously seen some of the videos that popped up with my "carseat" search, but this one was a good one I hadn't seen before.



I also like how this one (below) has several short segments that relate to each other--the difference between a forward-facing and a rear-facing child safety seat, for instance. It's very compelling in showing the advantages of keeping children rear-facing in their carseats as long as possible. (If you don't believe me, look at the difference in the crash tests for forward-facing and rear-facing seats.)



And the next one is very nicely made, providing accurate information along with compelling footage:




I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was to embed the videos into the blog. Although it might take some time to sift through the videos to find ones with good content, it would not be difficult to recommend them to patrons or students via a website by embedding them. Recording book talks on Youtube (or embedding ones that others have done) could be another library application.

The "related videos" section is helpful. I could get lost going from one to another, but it's useful to be able to see related content.

No comments: