Friday, March 7, 2008

The End . . . or is it The Beginning? (Thing 23)

Overall, this was a very good experience. I learned a little more about some things I'd tried before. I tried some alternatives to things I was comfortable with. I looked at some things I'd heard of yet not tried before. I heard of some things that I didn't know I needed to know about. And once in a while, I found that I wasn't as far behind the world of Web 2.0 as I thought.

There was frustration--sometimes the instructions were unclear (to me, anyway) and sometimes too specific. That's life, and something we have to get around.

In a perfect world, it would have been nice to have feedback from someone "in charge." It was nice to get occasional comments from fellow Thingers, but a note or two now and then from those "teaching" the course would have been useful to let us know if we were on the right track, or that our frustrations were being heard. Alternately, a centralized help or discussion board, read by leaders and learners alike, would have been good for finding answers to our problems. I realize there were comments at the bottom of each Thing, but again, I wondered if anyone was reading them. So, I guess my best suggestion would be to provide more feedback to the learners as they go along.

I enjoyed reading others' blogs. Early on, I added some that looked interesting to my Bloglines account, and I haven't been disappointed. This is probably the most "networking" I've gotten out of this exercise.

I would definitely do another program like this in the future. Learning from my own home whenever I can squeeze in the time is the best thing at this point in my life.

Thanks to all who put a lot of time and resources into this project. I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on finishing all 23 Things! I've been inspired by watching you complete your blog. It's been motivating to read your insights on all the Things. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, K! I've got you on my bloglines as well. I've learned a lot from reading others' reactions to the Things. It's been a fun and educational project.

Felicia Herman said...

Very well thought out comments.