Thursday, January 31, 2008

More Flickr Fun. Or is it?

After my last "thing" was pretty unsuccessful, I'm hesitant to continue on with Flickr, but I'll give it a whirl. If I don't try, I can't succeed, so I might as well at least try a little.

The color generator is kind of interesting, but I don't know how useful it is. Since this is a photo sharing site, are we allowed to copy others' photos and use them? (I had thought the color thing could pull up some interesting avatar pictures, but I don't want to steal someone else's work.) What are the rules for these things that are posted for all the world to see, and can be easily copied?

Next stop, the BigHugeLabs Framer. This is actually kind of interesting, but I hit another brick wall. This time, my Flickr account was easily linked and the program worked well with the Flickr photos. But the picture I really wanted to try was in my Photobucket account, and it failed to upload or connect or whatever it has to do. I really don't want to be uploading photos to multiple sites, so it would be nice if I could get one to work consistently for several different purposes.

I can see the palette generator being useful with scrapbooking, to choose a theme and/or background papers to use. I've always been doing this manually, but I'm sure I'm missing some good color combinations.

The Spell with Flickr thing is neat. I can think of some fun things to do with it, but for now I'll just show off this:

M Bead Letter I N N E M O coloured card disc letter m

Fun, yes. Useful, maybe? It's good to be aware that these things are out there, because it seems that too often I'm thinking, "There should be a way to do this." Now I'll know a few more of the possibilities.

No comments: