Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Feed me!

I've actually used RSS feeds before, using Google reader. I came up with a nice list of feeds that I liked, subscribed to them, and . . . quickly got so far behind at reading and listening that I gave up on it.

So far Bloglines seems a little simpler to use. I've added it as a home page so we'll see if I can keep up with it. I added some of the other 23things blogs that look interesting; it will definitely be easier to track new posts this way than to check them each individually.

I was somewhat surprised that two of the "top 50" on bloglines today were library-related. Could it be because there are lots of us looking for this type of blog for 23Things?

In the past, most of the things I've wanted to add as feeds were things I came across by accident. With a lot of them, I had the option of choosing a feed or a daily e-mail, and I guess I'm old-fashioned (or just old?) enough that I still prefer a lot of things to come directly to my inbox.

I'll try the feeds again; maybe it will work out better for me the second time around.

No comments: