Thursday, January 31, 2008

Flickr. It's not everything I wished it would be.





First of all, the assignment was to take pictures, add them to Flickr, tag them appropriately, and add them to the blog. If you see photos below, I was successful at that part.


OK, so you don't see them yet, do you? The "automated" way of setting up the Blogger account in Flickr makes no sense.


So, here's the process:
Head to google.com and if you aren't already logged in you'll be asked to do so.
On the page you end up on, you need to "Grant Access" to flickr.com.
Return to Flickr, finish setting things up


Yeah, that makes no sense. I'm logged into google but I don't know what page I'm supposed to end up on, or how to grant access. Grrrrrrr.


Let's try this the old-fashioned way, by copying and pasting the url's of the photos from Flickr into the photo-adding tool in Blogger.
As you see, it put some blank pictures in my post, and it didn't put them where I wanted them, just above this post.
Time to get really ancient and attempt it using html.



That's not working either.

Let's try a picture from Photobucket.
Photobucket

As you can see that one worked. Photobucket provides several different lines of code, which are easily copied and pasted into a post. It looks like the Flickr-Google-Blogger thing would be great. If it worked.

If anyone has tips on getting it to work (like which page exactly I'm supposed to end up on, and how to grant access to it), a comment to this post would be much appreciated.

Until then, I remain frustrated.

No comments: