Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 31: More Twitter

I knew there were a lot of twitter apps out there, but Thing 31 really emphasizes the range of them.

I've used twitter through a variety of formats, including those for Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and iPhone. I used Twhirl for quite a while but now have settled on Tweetdeck, where I like being able to organize people into groups, so the tweets I don't want to miss are grouped in one column.

My husband still thinks it's crazy that my Twitter Grader score is 99.9. According to them, I'm the #20 tweeter in Minnesota. Aren't you proud of me?

I peek at twitter several times a day. Whereas I use Facebook to connect with people I know in real life, all but two of my twitter people are strangers. They are, however, people with whom I have things in common.

I use twitter to keep up with travel bloggers/writers, as well as with people who have a handle on local events and commentaries. I follow some local news personalities and stations and actually get some good information from twitter via that route. I've also used twitter to do something I was never brave enough to do by phone: call in to WCCO radio. Some of my tweets have been read on-air.

Twitter is a useful piece of my blogging arsenal. Could I live without it? Yes. But is it useful for me if I have the time? Yes.

No comments: